Critical Care Medicine
The critical care medicine department at All Is Well Multispecialty Hospital provides sophisticated monitoring, adequate life support, specific therapy and specialised nursing for patients with any form of critical illness.
With the help of a skilled and experienced team of critical care physicians, nurses, pharmacists, respiratory therapists and other health professionals; the ICU provides evidence-based treatment to patients. Our team of well-trained and experienced intensivists provides intensive care, supported by other healthcare professionals that lead to the best outcome for the patient.
Technology & Infrastructure
The critical care medicine department at All Is Well Multispecialty Hospital intensive care units are of international standards, with ultra modern facilities and infrastructure. ICUs have easy access to the emergency department, operating unit, medical imaging and laboratory. This allows elimination of patient movement through traffic areas. Wide corridors ensure swift movement of patients simultaneously at any given point of time.
In addition, each ICU cubicle is an individual entity and is equivalent to a private room. This provides maximum comfort to the patient and family. There is decentralised nursing at every bedside and each room has natural sunlight. Strict monitoring of infection control practices is prevalent in the ICU at every stage.
Medical equipment and technology at the ICU:
- Electronic medical records
- Touch screen monitoring integrated with the Hospital Information System (HIS)
- Modern ventilators with invasive and non-invasive modes
- MRI compatible monitors and ventilators
- Point of care system for rapid bedside laboratory testing
- Mobile dialysis facility
- Isolation rooms equipped for immune-compromised and infective patients
- Advanced cooling equipment for Cardiac arrest and neuro-trauma patients
- ICCA (IntelliSpace Critical Care and Anaesthesia) technology, which supports the intensive care continuum across anaesthesiology, critical care, intermediate care and medical-surgical care specialties.
The Family Lounge:
The attendants accompanying ICU patients are provided with dedicated and comfortable sleeping arrangements. The lounge is equipped with recliners, pantry facilities, television and conference room.
The ICU at All Is Well Multi Speciality Hospital caters to management of all patients with life threatening illness or injury as well as those needing post-operative critical care after major surgical procedures, etc.
Types of ICU in the facility:
- Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU): This unit provides care for all critically ill medical and cardiac patients.
- Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU): This unit provides care for critically ill patients who have undergone a major surgical procedure.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU): This unit is dedicated for the care of ill or premature new-born infants.
- Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU): This unit specialises in the care of children and teenagers with a life threatening illness.