Endocrinology is the study of the endocrine system in the human body. The endocrine system is a complex grouping of hormone-producing glands, consisting of the pituitary, thyroid and parathyroid glands, the hypothalamus, pancreas, gonads and adrenal cortex that control bodily functions such as metabolism, body growth and sexual development.
The Department of Endocrinology at All Is Well Multispecialty Hospital provides comprehensive solutions for a wide spectrum of metabolic disorders. The Department of Endocrinology has been established and dedicated to patient care and research work in the field of endocrinology, metabolism and diabetes.
Endocrinologist deals with the diseases of the endocrine system. These diseases may relate to too little or too much secretion of a hormone, too little or too much action of a hormone, or problems with receiving the hormone.
Rather than limiting our services to treatment only, we believe in providing holistic services right from prevention and early detection of diseases. We aim to excel in the quality of services provided by us.
Technology and infrastructure
- Adult and Paediatric Endocrine Clinic: Department is running an outpatient endocrine clinic on daily basis in room no 47 from 10-6 pm from Monday to Saturday. Standard protocol is being followed to manage these patients. Inpatient care is available for patients who are sick and those who require dynamic hormonal testing.
- Diet counselling: This facility is available on daily basis where in highly trained dieticians and nutritionists interact with the patients.
- Full hormonal profile is available in the hospital. HbA1C: The facility for estimation of HbA1C is available on daily basis, samples are collected and report dispatched same day.
- Other facilities: Facility for estimation of osmolality, thyroid ultrasound and DXA for BMD estimation is also available in the hospital, beside CT scan and MRI.
Scope of Services provided in Endocrinology include management of but not limited to:
- Diabetes Mellitus and its complications
- Diabetes in pregnancy
- Thyroid disorders in children, adults and pregnancy
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome
- Disorders of lipid metabolism
- Hirsutism (female hair growth)
- Childhood growth disorders (short stature)
- Disorders of puberty
- Disorders of sex development
- Metabolic bone disorders (osteoporosis, rickets, etc.)
- Endocrine hypertension
Dr. Tauseef Nabi